Argan oil, coconut oil and now marula oil is all the hype in the beauty industry. More so recently, marula oil is being spoken of and when I saw The Ordinary have this African oil in their range I had to grab it. I love me a good facial oil and they usually cost a lot more. I still don’t understand how The Ordinary pack high-quality, potent ingredients in simplistic packaging for such a low price. I am not complaining though!
Marula oil is extracted from the kernels of the fruits of the Marula trees and this Marie Claire article has some more information and benefits about the oil. Sounds great? Let me tell you why I’ve been loving it…
- The price. At £8.10 there is no reason for you not to try it! I got mine from here.
- It’s quick absorbing, a little goes a long way and it doesn’t leave my oily skin feeling congested, greasy or uncomfortable. I use 2-3 drops for my face and neck which is enough! So it will last you a long time.
- This oil is multi-purpose as many oils are, you can use this on your hair too.
- Doesn’t feel heavy, doesn’t clog pores and doesn’t leave a greasy film on the skin.
- It doesn’t break me out or irritate my skin.
- It makes me skin really smooth and supple and helps cure dry patches.
Marula oil is known to improve skin elasticity, evening out skin tone, aids to curing dehydrated and dry skin, safe to use if you are breaking out, helps to cure eczema and other skin conditions. It also claims to help reduce and prevent stretch marks and other scars. Marula oil also helps cure chapped lips and restore lifeless, dull hair.
With consistent use, I have notice redness in my skin reduce, my skin is softer and smoother, I have also noticed I wake up with supple skin and it’s really beneficial for my dehydrated skin.
Please note that I use a few drops on my skin, I don’t use a lot because I have oily skin, a little goes a long way for my skin. I have used this on the ends of my hair too and it makes my hair soft and the ends look a lot less dry.
This liquid oil didn’t break me out or make my skin feel congested, it’s a great addition to my collection and one I highly recommend.
Disclaimer* test patch first.
Have you tried marula oil? what were your thoughts? what other facial oils do you guys love?
Thank you for reading, R. x