Happy Sunday! I finally have some time to write. If you aren’t aware I work in recruitment full-time, so to finally have some time write for my blog is a blessing!
In September I picked up TooFaced Born This Way Foundation after seeing it all over Instagram, I gave in to the hype and have been testing it out since.
Firstly to answer the most asked questions:
- I got mine from Debenhams (website)
- I went by a Blogger who I know is my shade in foundations – Nina Vee(how beautiful is she though!)
- My shade is Warm beige
- I paid £29 for the 30ml bottle which is now on sale for £26.10 (black Friday discount)
It is described as ‘an oil-free foundation that masterfully diffuses the line between makeup and skin. For coverage so undetectable, you can’t see the makeup and you can’t see imperfections, all that’s left is naturally radiant skin that looks like you were Born This Way. This revolutionary foundation is infused with a potent combination of Coconut Water to naturally replenish moisture levels; nature’s resilient Alpine Rose to brighten the skin’s appearance and promote elasticity and Hyaluronic Acid for a smoother, more youthful appearance’
Now let’s get into my review…
- Packaging – Frosted glass bottle. Pretty but not great for seeing how much product is left. Comes with pump. Thank God.
- On application – the liquid foundation is not runny, it’s quite a thick consistency and it is easy to blend (I use my Black Beauty Blender). Once on, it doesn’t feel Cakey, I can still feel like my skin feels like skin. In comparison to my Estee Lauder DW. I dont have a problem with that feeling as long as my base doesnt look cakey, but for those of you that dont like the feeling of foundation on your face you will like this. Now please note – your skin feeling like skin and looking like skin are two different things. This foundation will feel like skin but doesnt look ‘natural’ like say Mac F&B would. You can still see you’re wearing makeup (it is a medium to full coverage foundation after all)
- Finish – medium to full semi-matte finish. It does look beautiful on the skin, it has a semi-matte finish. It is not dewy so if you are looking for a luminous foundation, this isn’t it. If you aren’t a fan of the traditional matte finish you will like this. If you have very oily skin you’ll find this foundation too moisturising. For combination to dry skin you’ll be a fan as it will wear well when the skin is prepped correctly. The picture below was taken after application (no primer used)
- Wear – when I wear makeup I usually have it on for 10+ hours. I usually apply it around 6am, go to work and to the gym. Yes I end up at the gym with makeup on because I go after work – sue me. I loved my estee lauder for staying put through my long hours and sweaty workouts so I put this through the test. It lasted me the hours at work but it could not hold up at the gym lol! I looked like I cried and wiped my makeup away by the end of my workout (the last thing I do is cry and touch my face with makeup on? never!). I did try it with a primer after that, nothing changed. So if you’re going to have an active day, don’t wear this. This does make me think that it may not hold up well in summer or in humid environments. Also if you have dry areas, it will emphasise them after a while, so just make sure you prep your skin properly.
- Other notes – no SPF. photographs okay, still a bit of a white cast but nothing like Caspar. the ingredients; Coconut Water, Hyaluronic Acid and Alpine Rose sounds oh so heavenly and beneficial, however only very small amounts are added to the ingredients. So nothing to get too excited about. Does sound nice though, great for marketing the product
- To wrap it up– it’s a good foundation. I like how it looks on the skin but I wouldnt repurchase it because I like long lasting, flawless face all day foundations.
– easy to blend
– medium-full coverage
– fragrance free (no SPF if that is a pro for you)
– no SPF (if you like your foundations to have SPF in them)
– skincare benefits aren’t profound (as advertised)
– frosted bottle (i personally like to see how much product i have left)
– not as long lasting as other foundations out there
(Wearing it in the picture above with Snapchat filter)
Thank you for reading, if you have any questions feel free to ask me in the comments section or on my IG – @morethanmakeupxo